A few years ago, if you heard someone say they bought their prescriptions from an online pharmacy, you would probably jump to a couple conclusions:
1. Must be a Canadian drug shop or...
2. Must be a Scam with fake drugs.
Listen, your skepticism would have been warranted. For a while, buying prescriptions from internet pharmacies felt like the wild wild west; Load your six shooter, hop on your trusty steed and hope that cholesterol medication you bought from bobscheapomeds.com is the real thing. According to the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy ( NABP ) over 90% of internet pharmacy sites out there are not in compliance with the United States pharmacy laws and standards.
So does that mean you shouldn’t buy your medication from an internet pharmacy now? Absolutely not.
Today you can buy just about anything safely and easily online. From cars, to houses, to pets, to groceries and even doctor’s visits! Buying meds can be just as straight forward and help save you a bunch of money too!By following a few best practices and arming yourself with some knowledge, buying from an online pharmacy today is just as safe as buying from any retail pharmacy. Plus you’ll probably get better prices and the convenience of home delivery! It’s easier than you think.
1. You can use LegitScript to verify both US and Non-US based online pharmacies.
2. Most legitimate online pharmacies will have a .pharmacy domain.
3. Online discount providers are NOT online pharmacies.
4. You can also use local state board websites to verify a license.
5. US based online pharmacies sell ONLY FDA approved medications.