10 Tablets, 20 mg
FAQ's regarding the specific Medication
IMPORTANT: The FAQ answers below do NOT contain all the information about this particular drug. These answers are not substitutes for a medication guide, pharmacist consultation or the advice of your health care professional. For the official medication guide or further questions please call our pharmacists at 1-833-466-3979.
What are the most common side effects of Sertraline?
- Common side effects of Sertraline are upset stomach, nausea, vomiting, weight loss, dizziness, and insomnia.
What is the best time of day to take Sertraline?
- Best time for you to take Sertraline is in the morning after breakfast.
How long does it take for Sertraline to work?
- Sertraline dose should be gradually increased and maximum benefit may take 4 to 6 weeks.
Can you drink alcohol while taking Sertraline?
- Avoid it. Patients on Sertraline should avoid drinking alcohol.
- Alcohol is one of the most powerful depressants people don’t know about. Drinking alcohol regularly can decrease benefit of Sertraline.
What does Sertraline do for anxiety?
- Long term treatment with Sertraline can work to improve general and social anxiety disorder and panic attacks. Long term management with Sertraline is preferred than the faster acting benzodiazepines which can cause cognitive impairment, dependency, abuse, and severe withdrawals.
Is sweating a side effect of Sertraline?
- No. Sweating is possible while taking Sertraline, but it is not a common side effect.
Is weight gain a side effect of Sertraline?
- Initially, you can experience slight weight loss due to side effects such as nausea, diarrhea, and loss of appetite.
- Long term Sertraline can cause a slight weight gain a result of mood improvement and appetite increase.