10 Tablets, 20 mg
FAQ's regarding the specific Medication
IMPORTANT: The FAQ answers below do NOT contain all the information about this particular drug. These answers are not substitutes for a medication guide, pharmacist consultation or the advice of your health care professional. For the official medication guide or further questions please call our pharmacists at 1-833-466-3979.
What are the most common side effects of Fluoxetine?
- Common side effects include upset stomach, nausea, vomiting, weight loss, dizziness, and insomnia.
What the best time of day to take Fluoxetine?
- Generally, you are advised to take Prozac in the morning after breakfast, as one of the side effects of taking Prozac is insomnia.
What happens if you forget to take your Prozac?
Remember to take your dose as soon as you remember. If it’s almost time for your next dose, just take one dose. Please don’t double up on it.
Can you drink alcohol while taking Fluoxetine?
- Yikes! No. Avoid it. Patients on Prozac should avoid drinking alcohol
- Alcohol is one of the more powerful depressants people don’t know about. Drinking alcohol regularly can decrease benefits of Prozac.
How long does it take for Fluoxetine to kick in?
- Full benefit of Prozac may take 4 to 6 weeks.
Can you overdose on Prozac?
- Yes...you better believe it. Signs and symptoms of overdose include headache, blurred vision, tremor, nausea, vomiting, muscle stiffness, hallucinations, rapid heart rate, difficulty breathing, and seizure.
Where can I find more information about Prozac?
- For full medication guide go here.