10 Tablets, 20 mg
FAQ's regarding the specific Medication
IMPORTANT: The FAQ answers below do NOT contain all the information about this particular drug. These answers are not substitutes for a medication guide, pharmacist consultation or the advice of your health care professional. For the official medication guide or further questions please call our pharmacists at 1-833-466-3979.
What are the most common side effects of taking Paroxetine?
- Common side effects of Paroxetine include upset stomach, nausea, vomiting, weight loss, dizziness, and insomnia.
Can you drink alcohol while taking Paroxetine?
- Yikes! No. Avoid it. Patients taking Paroxetine should avoid drinking.
- Alcohol is one of the most powerful depressants people don’t know about. Drinking alcohol regularly can decrease benefit of Paroxetine.
Can you lose weight on Paroxetine?
- Paroxetine can cause a slight weight change. More study and research is needed in order to see if it causes weight gain or loss.
Is Xanax and Paroxetine the same?
- No. Paroxetine is an antidepressant in a drug class called SSRI and Xanax is a benzodiazepine or a sedative hypnotic used to treat acute anxiety or panic attacks. Although Paroxetine can be used long term to prevent anxiety disorder, it is not used for an acute attack.
Where can I find more information about Paroxetine?
- For full medication guide go here.