IMPORTANT: The FAQ answers below do NOT contain all the information about this particular drug. These answers are not substitutes for a medication guide, pharmacist consultation or the advice of your health care professional. For the official medication guide or further questions please call our pharmacists at 1-833-466-3979.
What are the most common side effects of taking Lisinopril?
- Common side effects include dry cough, nausea, dizziness, fatigue, and headache
What is the best time of day to take Lisinopril?
- You can take Lisinopril in the morning or evening, it is taken once to twice daily with or without meals
Can Lisinopril cause liver damage?
- Lisinopril rarely cause serious liver damage. It is important you contact your doctor right away if you experience symptoms such as dark urine, light stool, severe abdominal pain, and yellowing of the eye or skin.
Can Lisinopril cause you to lose weight?
- Lisinopril can cause weight gain or loss. Change in weight is not a significant factor when taking Lisinopril, but you should contact your doctor if you experience any drastic weight changes.
Can the drug Lisinopril cause constipation?
- Yes. Any drug can cause constipation.
Can Lisinopril cause kidney damage?
- No. Lisinopril is in a drug class called ACE-Inhibitor and drugs in this class work to protect the kidneys by taking pressure off the kidneys
Can you drink alcohol while taking Lisinopril?
- Yes, but in moderation. Drinking alcohol can increase symptoms of side effects such as dizziness and lightheadedness.