Fluvoxamine Maleate Er (Luvox Cr)
10 Tablets, 20 mg
Luvox CR FAQ's
IMPORTANT: The FAQ answers below do NOT contain all the information about this particular drug. These answers are not substitutes for a medication guide, pharmacist consultation or the advice of your health care professional. For the official medication guide or further questions please call our pharmacists at 1-833-466-3979.
What are the most common side effects of using Fluvoxamine?
- The most common side effects of Fluvoxamine are nausea, diarrhea, gas, loss of appetite, increased sweating, mild skin rash, dizziness, drowsiness, weakness, yawning, anxiety, sleep problems (insomnia), dry mouth, sore throat, heavy menstrual periods, muscle pain, decreased sex drive, abnormal ejaculation, or trouble having an orgasm.
Is Fluvoxamine the same as Prozac?
- Fluvoxamine and Prozac are not the same but they are both antidepressants and thus in the same family. They have different side effects and are indicated for different disorders.
How long does it take for Fluvoxamine to work?
- Sleep, energy, or appetite may show some improvement within the first 1-2 weeks. Improvement in these physical symptoms can be an important early signal that the medication is working. Depressed mood and lack of interest in activities may need up to 6-8 weeks to fully improve.
Is Luvox for anxiety?
- Luvox can help with anxiety and is sometimes used as treatment for social anxiety disorder (SAD), obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), and panic disorder.
Can Fluvoxamine make you gain weight?
- It has been shown that fluvoxamine doesn’t usually cause weight changes in patients.
Where can I find more information about Luvox CR?
- For a full medication guide go here.