Metoprolol Tartrate (Lopressor)
10 Tablets, 20 mg
Metoprolol Tartrate FAQ's
IMPORTANT: The FAQ answers below do NOT contain all the information about this particular drug. These answers are not substitutes for a medication guide, pharmacist consultation or the advice of your health care professional. For the official medication guide or further questions please call our pharmacists at 1-833-466-3979.
What are the most common side effects of Metoprolol Tartrate?
- Common side effects include dizziness, lightheadedness, shortness of breath, fatigue, and slow heartbeat.
What is the drug classification for Lopressor?
- Lopressor is in a drug class called beta receptor blocker.
Can Metoprolol Tartrate make you lose weight?
- Not exactly… in fact, many drugs in beta receptor blocker class can cause some weight gain.
Can Metoprolol Tartrate affect the kidneys?
- Metoprolol can affect kidney functions by reducing blood flow to the kidneys.
Can you drink alcohol while taking Metoprolol Tartrate?
- Yes, but with moderation. Mixing the two can increase symptoms of side effects such as dizziness and lightheadedness.
Can Metoprolol Tartrate lower your heart rate?
- Yes. Metoprolol is in a drug class called beta receptor blocker and blocking the beta receptor will directly reduce your heart rate.
Do beta blockers make you feel tired?
- Yes. Taking beta blocker which can reduce your heart rate can reduce your tolerance to exercise and make you feel tired. This is a common side effect of most beta blockers, but should resolve within few weeks.