10 Tablets, 20 mg
From Your Honeybee Pharmacist
With some medications, you can save money by splitting a higher dose pill and taking just half. Please consult your doctor or Honeybee pharmacist before doing so.
We can take your order over the phone as well! Just give us a call, and we can handle all your requests 1-833-466-3979.
You may be able to get the money you're spending on meds with Honeybee reimbursed by your insurance. Contact your insurance provider and ask them how you can process out of pocket claims.
Even if you're not a Honeybee member, we encourage you to use us as a comparison every time you're paying for a medication. The more knowledgeable you are, the happy we are.
IMPORTANT: The FAQ answers below do NOT contain all the information about this particular drug. These answers are not substitutes for a medication guide, pharmacist consultation or the advice of your health care professional. For the official medication guide or further questions please call our pharmacists at 1-833-466-3979.
What are the most common side effects of Lipitor?
- Common side effects you can experience while taking Lipitor include dizziness, nausea, and indigestion.
- On rare occasions, it can cause muscle and liver damage. Please contact your doctor right away if you experience muscle pain, cramps, soreness, dark urine, and severe stomach pain.
How do I take Atorvastatin?
- Atorvastatin is available in 10mg, 20mg, 40mg, and 80mg tablets.
- You can take Atorvastatin once a day with or without food.
Is Lipitor safe to take?
- Atorvastatin is generally safe to take unless you are allergic to it.
- You should stop taking statins if you experience muscle pain, extreme fatigue or show signs and symptoms of liver damage such as yellowing of the eye or skin. Talk to your doctor right away if you experience these symptoms.
What foods to avoid while taking Atorvastatin?
- Food is well tolerated when taking Atorvastatin.
- Many studies and research suggest that you limit grapefruit while taking Atorvastatin because it can increase Atorvastatin levels in your body and increased side effects including muscle and liver damage.
What does Lipitor do to the body?
Atorvastatin works to reduce an enzyme responsible for cholesterol production in your liver.
Does Atorvastatin have calcium?
Yes. Calcium in Atorvastatin provides stability to the medication.
Where can I find more information about Atorvastatin?
- For a full medication guide go here.