Lidocaine Patch (Lidoderm)
10 Tablets, 20 mg
IMPORTANT: The FAQ answers below do NOT contain all the information about this particular drug. These answers are not substitutes for a medication guide, pharmacist consultation or the advice of your health care professional. For the official medication guide or further questions please call our pharmacists at 1-833-466-3979.
What are the most common side effects of using Lidoderm patches?
- Common side effects of Lidoderm patches include rash, skin irritation, skin allergies, itching, and swelling at the application site.
Can you use a heating pad over a Lidocaine patch?
- Avoid apply a heating pad over a Lidocaine patch. Heating pad can increase both the rate and the amount of Lidocaine absorbed through your skin.
Is a Lidocaine patch a controlled substance?
- No, Lidocaine patch is not a controlled substance.
How and where should I apply my Lidocaine patch?
- Lidocaine patches are applied directly onto the most painful areas of the skin for 12 hours on and you are patch free for the next 12 hours. So, 12 hours on and 12 hours off. Maximum of three patches can be applied to cover a larger area.
- You should not use Lidocaine patches on broken skin.
Where can I find more information about Lidoderm patches?
- For full medication guide go here.