10 Tablets, 20 mg
FAQ's regarding the specific Medication
IMPORTANT: The FAQ answers below do NOT contain all the information about this particular drug. These answers are not substitutes for a medication guide, pharmacist consultation or the advice of your health care professional. For the official medication guide or further questions please call our pharmacists at 1-833-466-3979.
What are the most common side effects of Prednisone?
- Common side effects of short term Prednisone use include nausea, vomiting, heartburn, indigestion, insomnia, and restlessness.
- Long term side effects include hair growth, irregular menstruation, ulcers, weakened bones, weight gain, muscle pain, and increased infection due to suppressed immune system.
Can Prednisone be taken on an empty stomach?
- You should always take Prednisone after meals and with plenty of water..
- Taking Prednisone on an empty stomach is not recommended. Common side effects of Prednisone include heartburn, gastric pain, nausea, and vomiting.
Can you drink coffee while taking Prednisone?
- There is no direct drug-drug interaction between coffee and prednisone, but use caution and drink coffee in moderation.
- Prednisone can cause restlessness, insomnia, and mild anxiety and drinking coffee can make these symptoms worse.
What not to eat or drink while taking Prednisone?
- You should avoid drinking Alcohol while taking Prednisone.
What medicines should not be taken with Prednisone?
- Prednisone should not be taken with other corticosteroids or immunosuppressants.
- Prednisone is also avoided with certain antibiotics. Contact your Honeybee pharmacist for details.
Where can I find more information on Prednisone?
For full medication guide on Prednisone go here.