10 Tablets, 20 mg
FAQ's regarding the specific Medication
IMPORTANT: The FAQ answers below do NOT contain all the information about this particular drug. These answers are not substitutes for a medication guide, pharmacist consultation or the advice of your health care professional. For the official medication guide or further questions please call our pharmacists at 1-833-466-3979.
What are the most common side effects of Citalopram?
- Common side effects include, dizziness, stomach upset, loss of appetite, nausea, diarrhea, insomnia, and blurred vision.
Can Celexa be used to treat anxiety?
- Yes. Many studies show Celexa can improve symptoms in patients who suffer from generalized and social anxiety disorder. It is important to remember that maximum benefit of Celexa may take several weeks.
Can you drink alcohol while taking Citalopram?
Yikes! No. You should avoid alcohol.
Alcohol is one of the most powerful depressant people don’t know about. Drinking alcohol regularly can make Celexa less effective.
What is the difference between Celexa and Lexapro?
- Celexa and Lexapro are in the same drug class called SSRI. These two drugs have very similar indications and side effect profiles.
What is the difference between Celexa and Zoloft?
- Celexa and Zoloft are in the same drug class called SSRI. These two drug have very similar indications and also share a very similar side effect profiles.
Are Celexa and Xanax the same thing?
- No. Celexa is an antidepressant in a drug class called SSRI and Xanax is a benzodiazepine or a sedative hypnotic used to treat acute anxiety or panic attacks.
Can Celexa help you lose weight?
- Celexa can initially cause weight loss due to side effects such as nausea, vomiting, indigestion, and loss of appetite. Increased appetite and mood improvement when used long term, however, can cause a slight weight gain.